Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday Stashblogging


IMG_1853.JPG, originally uploaded by Mnemosyne_LA.

Since I've already blogged about my current and ongoing cat issues, I'm doing Stashblogging today instead (though with bonus cat included).

Compared to some of the yarn stashes I've seen online, mine seems a little ... puny. And yet it's plenty to keep me busy for the next year or so.

The outer bag is a Ziploc XXL, which reaches about to my armpit (I'm 5'3" if that gives you some perspective). Inside, I put each individual yarn in its own baggie, ranging from 1 gallon for small amounts to 2 gallons for sweater-size amounts.

And, yes, I've added to it since I took this picture. No, I'm not an addict -- why do you ask?

1 comment:

Perpetual Beginner said...

Hah! My stash laughs at your stash - or it would, if I could actually locate most of it. It's getting to the point where I need to knit it down, or I'm going to be buying duplicate stuff just because I can't find things when I'm ready to knit them.

So of course I did the logical thing and ordered yarn for a cardigan from knitpicks. Though in my defense I have finished a pullover from stash yarn, and am nearly through a pillow and a yoga-mat bag, also both from stash.

ps - You would know me in my political blog incarnation as Tapetum.